- John 1:1,14
- Jesus is God in the flesh.
- Imaging you are all-powerful, and you want to communicate with
an ant colony to let them understand how much you love them.
How would you do it without terrifying them? Become an ant
- Colossians 2:9 All of the fullness of God lives in Christ. This
means that every aspect of God’s character can be seen in Christ. Let’s
look at Jesus’ character…
- Mark 4:35-41
Jesus, like God, is all-powerful, controlling nature. Jesus is
- Luke 4:1-3
Yet Jesus, like man, was tempted by selfishness (v.3),
materialism and power (vss.6-7), and pride (vss.9-10). He used
the scriptures to fight temptation, and so he was without sin
(2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Hebrews 2:14-18
Jesus shared in our humanity so he could free us from fear and
help us when we are tempted.
- Hebrews 4:14-16
Jesus, like God, can sympathize with our weaknesses. He can
relate to us.
- Mark 1:29-39
Jesus compassionately met people’s needs (vss.29-33). Prayer
was a top priority for him (v. 35). He was intent on his
- Luke 23:32-43
Jesus, like God, is forgiving and filled with love.
- 1 John 2:3-6 The goal of the Christian is to live like Jesus. This
must be our purpose if we are to be Christians.
- John 14:6
- The Way-exclusive, not just a way, but the only way to God
- The Truth-not just some truth, but the whole truth of God
- The Life-not just another alternative, but the life we were
created to live: an attractive, successful and fulfilling life
- Acts 4:12: This decision is the most important decision of your