2 Timothy 3:16-17
- All Scripture is inspired by God
- It is to be applied to our lives.
- The Word is relevant.
- The Word cuts (hurts)–compare it to a scalpel.
- It is good to be cut because the scalpel cuts the “cancer” (sin) out.
2 Peter 1:20-21
- There is no private interpretaiton of the Bible.
- The Holy Spirit inspired the men who wrote the books of the Bible.
- Intellectual belief is not enough–nor can we go by our feelings.
- Everyone must hold on to and follow the teachings of Jesus to be a true disciple.
- Sincerity does not equal truth.
- Religious people can be wrong.
- Do not go by traditions or creeds.
- Worship by tradition (which supersede the Word of God) is worship in vain.
1 Timothy 4:16
- Watch you rlife and doctrine closely–they are iinseparable.
- Wich is more imporant, life or doctrine? Neither–an airplane with only one wing cannot fly.
- Why is it so important to learn and to teach and to live the right doctrine? To save yourself and those who ear you.
- You must check what religous leaders say.
- Your challenge: Read and study the Bible every day!
- Why study the Bible? The Word will judge us.
- Decision: Will I live by the Bible or my feelings, traditions, needs, etc.?