Here are 5 things to expect from prayer:
- Prayer increases our knowledge and understanding of the great God who created us and who has a superior future in mind for us (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Prayer is God’s privilege to use for asking him for miraculous, God-sized results and answers to our needs and requests. It is God’s offer to us to be involved in His miraculous work around the globe! God wants us to ask Him for things, the right things. To fail to ask regularly, and in faith, is faithlessness.
- Prayer is a reminder of who is in charge ultimately and who is the power of governments, the universe, and our own personal lives. God cares deeply about the well-being of all three.
- Prayer gives us God’s heart about the questions we have and the decisions we face. Prayer should be 50% talking and 50% listening, just like any good communication. We should tell God what we see, what we are asking him to do and then be quiet and let him tell us what he thinks about it and how we should think and respond.
- Prayer for others gets our mind off of ourselves and our own problems. We are less likely to sit around and feel sorry for ourselves when we are seeking God’s will and work in the lives of other people.
I can’t wait to see what God will do! Your prayers will bless your family. Your prayers will bless the city you live in through the salvation of people and the living out of God’s principles.
Start out each day by praying for yourself. You read that right…yourself. When you are right, you do right. When you are empowered by God, there is no limit to what you can accomplish, through him. Get your heart right. Ask God to reveal problem traits you might not recognize. Have the courage to change, mature and grow stronger.
May we see the mighty hand of God work his power and grace in the months ahead!