Jesus Example – 2 Corinthians 8:9, Luke 9:57-58
- Jesus chose to live sacrificially. He gave up heaven itself.
- He became poor so the world could be saved.
The need for Sacrificial Living
- To meet the physical needs of others (2 Corinthians 8:13-15; Acts 4:34-37)
- Paul wanted those who had plenty to sacrifice for those who were in need.
- The first century Christians sacrificed so there would be no needy people among them.
- To support full-time workers so the world would be evangelized (Philippians 4:10-19)
- Paul commended the Philippians for the aid they had sent him.
- He considered their gifts to him as a sacrifice to God.
- In what ways can I choose to live more sacrificially in order to have money to give to meet needs?
- Cut food budget
- Limit or eliminate eating out for a time for a special contribution
- Have creative dates to save money
- Stop impulse spending (vending machines, fast food, etc.)
- Am I wiling to “become poor” so that others can have the chance to become Christians?