Part 3 – Joyful Giving
Giving with Joy – 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
- Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give.
- Plan your giving.
- God does not want you to give reluctantly or under compulsion
- You should feel a joy, excitement, and enthusiasm when you give.
- God loves a cheerful (in Greek “hilarious”) giver.
The privilege of Giving – 2 Corinthians 8:3-5
- The Macedonians urgently pleaded to give
- They understood that is was a privilege because they had first given themselves to the Lord
Special Time of Giving – Time of Victory and Joy for God’s People
- The Israelites gave to build the temple and the people rejoiced (1 Chronicles 29:1-9)
- The people willingly brought more to contribute to the building of the tabernacle (Exodus 35:20-29, 36:2-7)
- Am I cheerful giver? What keeps me from giving cheerfully?
- Am I eager or reluctant to give, especially at times of special contribution?
- At what time was I the most joyful about my giving? Why?