Part 2 – Giving by Faith
It takes faith to give – Malachi 3:8-11
- God wants us to test him in our giving (v 10)
- All we need is the faith
- God is waiting to pour out blessings when we trust Him.
- It is easy to say “I will give when God blesses me.”
- God says, “Give and I will bless you.”
God’s Promises – Malachi 3:10-11, Mark 10:29-31, 2 Corinthians 9:10-11
- We will not have enough room for God’s blessings
- We can never out give God
- God always gives back 100 times as much as us.
- God will continue to give to us so we can in turn give to others and meet their needs
- Our ultimate blessing is treasure in Heaven.
Depend on God – Philippians 4:14-19
- Our giving is a sacrifice pleasing to God
- When we give God will meet all of our needs.
- Do I hold back on my contribution because I am worried about the future?
- Does my giving cause me to rely on God?
- What amount of money should I give weekly that is both responsible and still requires faith?
- When have I relied on the promise of God in my giving? What did God do in response?