Part 2 – Obstacles
The Obstacle of Greed – Luke 12:13-21 & Luke 16:19-31
- Be on your guard against all kinds of greed.
- The value of a man’s life has nothing to do with his wealth.
- The rich fool’s goal was financial independence and being independent of God
- This is the “American Dream”
- The rich man in Luke 16 went to hell because of his greed and lack of concern about the needs of others.
The Obstacle of Discontentment – Philippians 4:10-13
- Paul rejoiced while he was in prison
- He was grateful and content even in need.
- Paul did not focus on what he lacked, but rather on what he had (Christ)
- See also 1 Timothy 6:6-10
- How am I storing up treasures for myself but not being rich toward God?
- How am I showing concern toward the poor and needy?
- Am I grateful and content with what I have right now?
- What grief do I have in my life because of greed and contentment?
- High monthly payments
- Bad credit record