God’s Plan for Your Life – Genesis 3:19; Ecclesiastes 3:13, 22; 2 Thessalonians 3:10
- It is God’s will for us to work hard in order to earn the bread we eat.
- God wants us to find satisfaction in our work
- If a person will not work, he cannot eat.
Responsibility of the Employee Colossians 3:22-25; Ephesians 4:28; Acts 5:29
- We are to be a disciple to our boss on the job.
- God expects us to obey our boss, not just to win his favor, but out of reverence for Christ
- God expects us to put our whole heart into our work.
- As Christians, we should be the most sincere and hard-working employees on the job.
- Do not steal from your employer
- Receiving pay for work you did not do.
- Submitting false or exaggerated expense reports
- Obey God First! If asked to do something that is illegal, unethical or sinful, obey God over men.
- What do I need to repent of in relation to my job? Be specific.
- Am I doing anything as a part of my job that is sinful or goes against my conscience?